What are N-siders?
N-siders assists and supports the Department of Student Life in the following areas:
- Student Activities
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Student Government Association
- Event Planning
The N-siders are chosen in the Fall semester and start training immediately. The N-siders contract is from the date being chosen through the next selection process of new N-siders. Failure to comply with the contract, will result in the N-sider to be removed from their current position and possibly lose the scholarship opportunity, if applicable.
Student Life N-siders will address the needs of all students by serving as liaisons to student organizations, assist in the development and implantation of specific divisional projects and initiatives and create a sense connectedness at NSU for all students. The N-siders provide an invaluable link to potential NSU students and continuing students as representatives of the Department of Student Life.
The N-siders will bring a variety of qualifications including, but not limited to, an interest in leadership, a desire for continued personal and community improvement, a diversity of life experiences, a willingness to build relationships with fellow students and incoming students, and an enthusiasm for making meaningful contributions to the Northwestern State University community.
- To establish a network of mentors and leaders at NSU who excel in scholarship, leadership and service.
- Provide training and support that empowers N-siders to have the most positive impact on the NSU campus and within the programs hosted by the Department of Student Life.
- To develop and maintain N-siders who are professional, articulate, knowledgeable about NSU and helpful to those they serve
- To enhance essential leadership skills for our N-siders in the areas of effective communication, contributing to a group process, and utilizing your leadership strengths and values